Pre Shootout Rules
- The Northeast Florida Kingfish Shootout will run from Friday, June 10th through Sunday, July 10th. The Shootout day will be Saturday, July 16th.
- Each boat will be eligible to fish a maximum of three days prior to the Shootout day. The Captain must declare their fishing day no later than 9:00 p.m. the day before by notifying the tournament committee through its website.
- Only one Kingfish may be weighed per boat per day.
- The weight of each boat’s largest fish in the Pre Shootout portion of the tournament plus the total for the Shootout day will be the Northeast Florida Kingfish Shootout Winner.
- You may leave and return from any inlet of your choice but may not deploy baits outside of the boundaries.
- All fish must be weighed at Strike-Zone Fishing, Jacksonville, Strike-Zone Fishing, Melbourne or Halifax Sportfishing Club, Port Orange, Florida – between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. the day of fishing or between 9:00 and 11:00 am the next day except for Sunday, between 11:00 am and 1:00 p.m..
- This is a no checkout tournament. You may fish from 6:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. GPS time. You must check in by phone by 7:30 p.m. inside the inlet of your choice.
- All fish weighed will become property of the tournament and are subject to freshness testing, inspection and any and all other tests deemed relevant by the committee.
- The Captain and crew of all entrants are subject to a polygraph at any time during the tournament. Winning Captains WILL be required to submit and pass a polygraph test prior to being presented any prize. Failure to submit to a polygraph test automatically revokes all claims to prizes and disqualifies the Captain and crew from the tournament.
- A maximum of six lines are allowed. All fish must be caught on rod and reel. No electric reels. Wire Lines are allowed. A digital photograph with the tournament issued boat number is required on the water after the fish has been landed.
- You may cancel a fishing day for whatever reason by 8:00 a.m. via cell phone or email of the declared fishing day one time if a line has not been deployed. You may substitute a boat once if the substitute boat is not registered in the tournament.
- Only one prize per boat excluding Tournament within a tournament.
- Boundary is latitude 27.51.000 South and 32.13.000 North in the Atlantic Ocean.
- All decisions by tournament committee are final.
- The tournament committee reserve the right to refuse entry to any person or entity.
- The Captains Meeting/Kickoff Party:
Thursday, June 2, 2016
Northeast Florida Marlin Club
3030 Harbor Drive
Saint Augustine, FL 32084
Any PROTEST must be submitted to the Tournament Director in writing. Only a Captain registered in the Kingfish Shootout may file a protest. Each protest must be accompanied by a five hundred dollar ($500.00) deposit. In the event the protest is upheld, the deposit will be refunded. If the protest is not upheld, the deposit will be forfeited. The decisions of the Tournament Committee is final regarding any protest.
Shootout Day Rules
- Boats may leave from the Inlet of their choice on Saturday, July 16th, as long as no lines are deployed outside of boundaries. This includes lines used to catch bait.
- Boats may fish from 6:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. Boats must check in by phone by 9:00 p.m. once inside Sea Buoy of choice.
- All fish will be weighed on Sunday, July 17th beginning noon at the following location:
St. Augustine Rod and Gun Club
401 Gun Club Road
St. Augustine, Fl 32095
The Shootout Day weight will be multiplied by 1.25 giving each boat their Shootout Day Total. See example below.
- To be eligible to weigh a fish, each Captain must have a digital photo with fish and boat number at time of catch.
- The boundary will be the same as the General portion of the tournament.
- All participants (Captain and crew) are subject to a polygraph test if deemed relevant by the committee. The winner of the Kingfish Shootout will take a polygraph test on site following weigh-in before any prizes are awarded.
- All fish weighed will become property of the tournament and are subject to inspection and freshness testing.
- No mutilated fish will be weighed.
This is a Captain’s Choice tournament. Each captain is solely responsible for the safety of his or her vessel and crew at all times. Captains and crews are responsible for following any federal, state and local fishing or boating laws. We encourage all Captains to heed any weather warnings or dangerous weather conditions, as safety is paramount. It is up to each Participant to determine whether their craft is seaworthy for the conditions of any given fishing day.
Participants may undeclare the day of fishing by 8:00 am for bad weather as long as no lines have been deployed including bait fishing.Shootout Day Weather
The Shootout Day will be Captain’s Choice. However, if the committee determines that the weather is not safe, the Shootout Day will be postponed. The combined total of the 2 scores will determine the points winner.
Example – Pre Shootout Fish Plus Shootout Fish
Example – Pre Shootout Heaviest Fish – 32.76 pounds = 32.76 points
Example – Shootout Fish – 35 pounds x 1.25 = 43.75 points.
Combined Total Points: 32.76 + 43.75 = 76.51 points